Already over 48 hours of travelling and still not there… It all started in Amsterdam and apparently, some people in Belgium and France were striking. So we finally made it to Paris with some delay… as a result of that, our flight to Johannesburg was already gone (as the flight to Brasil for some German guys on our flight, who were probably going to miss their world cup game). A free hotel room with breakfast it was. Next flight 24h later.
Last night we finally got on a plane to Johannesburg, but this morning we just had 70 mins to pass through passport control, get our luggage and get on the flight to Botswana, so we didn’t make that either. So another hotel room next to the airport of Johannesburg… thanks to Air France…
Tomorrow we will finally fly to Maun in Botswana! I’m getting used to the hotel life and waiting for ages, but it’s going to end soon, as the internet access, but at least I already managed to get on update online.
I’m really looking forward to get out there!
Read more about my experiences in Southern Africa:
1. Summer 2014: it’s time for Africa!
2. Botswana: Strikes, missing flights, waiting, free hotels, …
3. Chobe National Park: first experiences
4. Wild dogs and more leopard stories
5. Botswana: More pictures
6. Bye Bye Botswana, but first more lions, leopards and wild dogs
7. Moving between projects: Johannesburg – Cape Town – Stellenbosch – Cape Town ….
8. Volunteering with Cape Leopard Trust in Namaqualand, South Africa